- State Requirements on Age, Wait Times & Eligibility
- State Fees for New Drivers
- The Learner's Permit
- Classroom Training
- Driving Lessons
- License Testing at The Next Street
- License Testing at the DMV
- Online Enrollment
- Paying for Driver's Education
- The Student Portal
- Paperwork and Documents
- Inclement Weather
- Covid-19 Protocols
- General Information
Driving with Adaptive Equipment
How old do I have to be to start driving school in Massachusetts?
New drivers in Massachusetts can start driver's ed at 15 years and 9 months.
New drivers in Massachusetts can start the classroom portion of driver's ed at 15 years and 9 months. New drivers cannot test for their learner's permit until their 16th birthday. Behind the wheel driving lessons cannot start until a new driver has their permit.