- State Requirements on Age, Wait Times & Eligibility
- State Fees for New Drivers
- The Learner's Permit
- Classroom Training
- Driving Lessons
- License Testing at The Next Street
- License Testing at the DMV
- Online Enrollment
- Paying for Driver's Education
- The Student Portal
- Paperwork and Documents
- Inclement Weather
- Covid-19 Protocols
- General Information
Driving with Adaptive Equipment
How old do I have to be to get my Learner's Permit in Connecticut?
You cannot test for your learner's permit until your 16th Birthday in Connecticut.
We recommend scheduling your test 2-3 months before your 16th birthday so that you can get an appointment on or near your actual birthday.