- State Requirements on Age, Wait Times & Eligibility
- State Fees for New Drivers
- The Learner's Permit
- Classroom Training
- Driving Lessons
- License Testing at The Next Street
- License Testing at the DMV
- Online Enrollment
- Paying for Driver's Education
- The Student Portal
- Paperwork and Documents
- Inclement Weather
- Covid-19 Protocols
- General Information
Driving with Adaptive Equipment
How old do I have to be to start driving school in Connecticut?
You must be at least 16 years old to start taking a driver's ed class in CT.
You may enroll before you have turned 16, but you may not start classes until your 16th birthday.